#3 - The French Quarter
My first day in New Orleans was a calmer day so I decided to take advantage of not having to do some stuff for work just yet - so I took a walk down to the French Quarter to the shops. The day ended up being more exciting than I was expecting it to be. What I thought would just be a laid back touristy walk – ended up being much more eventful! The Annual Creole Tomato festival was going on that day. Tons of food vendors were there with their tomato dishes. There were tomatoes everywhere . Even had people dressed up as tomatoes! Too bad I didn’t get pictures of this. I thought that was going to be the highlight for the day. NEGATIVE. Lol. Apparently, that day there was also a Nude Bike Ride through the French Quarter as well. This – I did get pictures of which you can enjoy below …LOL… along with more pictures of the French Quarter.
#4 - The New Orleans Restaurant Scene
New Orleans has got to have some of the yummiest food - and I’m not even into Cajun food. This was my 2nd trip to New Orleans and i knew it wouldn’t be complete without my trip to Mother’s. Some of the yummiest food in New Orleans. A definite must do if and when you go.
Of course, another must-do is Café Du Monde. The beignet’s were seriously delicious! I bought a box of the mix to make at home but I know it won’t be as good as the real thing. Don’t expect to be neat when eating the beignets – half of the experience is getting the powdered sugar all over yourself! Haha. I’m not a coffee drinker but I ordered the café au lait as well – yum!
RSS Feed
Twitter
0 comments:
Post a Comment