Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One of the best parts about working in the DC area? We celebrate President’s Day – which means we have the day off! Woo hoo! This President’s Day I decided to actually be productive and try to do something off of my 101 List. So I decided to head into the city and visit the Smithsonians. I was initially planning to go to 2 museums – the Natural History Museum and the American History Museum. I started off at the Natural History Museum. If you haven’t been in a while – I totally recommend going. By far, this still remains one of my favorite museums. I hadn’t been since our 9th grade field trip and so much had changed. They modernized some of the displays – specifically the Aquatic Life and the Mammals section – which were so awesome. I got so engulfed in the displays that I ended up being there for four hours! Suffice to say I didn’t make it to the American History Museum. Here’s some of the highlights of what I saw that day.

0 comments: