Thursday, March 17, 2011

 Photo from theimitatedlife.net

It's the end of an era... of these boring blog updates about the AFI's Top 100 films - because I have FINALLY finished this task!  Hallelujah (can you hear the angels singing?!)  I finally finished my final movie on December 21, 2010.  Like I mentioned when I first started watching movies on this challenging list, I could undertand why most of the movies made the list.  However, there were some movies that I would have expected to see on this list that weren't.  While I could appreciate that some movies on this list made it because it was groundbreaking in its time, I'm pretty sure other movies in that era would have been better.  And seriously - Citizen Kane was #1?  Someone please explain to me why because I still beg to differ.

Anyhow, here were my favorites (in no particular order) from the list that I would definitely recommend for your viewing pleasure.  You've already probably seen most of these since it seems that I tended to favor the more recent films than the old black & whites ones.

  • Toy Story
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • The Godfather
  • Schindler's List
  • Star Wars
  • E.T.
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • Sound of Music
  • North by Northwest
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • Platoon
  • Goodfellas
  • Ben-Hur

0 comments: