Monday, June 1, 2009

#1 - OAHU

I tend to travel quite a bit for work - but i have never been so excited to go on a business trip as I was this time. Reason: the conference was in Hawaii which meant this trip was expensed by my company - woo hoo! I've never been to Hawaii and it's always been on my "To Go" list. I decided to go a few days early and take vacation days. I'm so thankful that I did because as soon as I started to actually work - my time was very limited!

HAWAII IS GORGEOUS! "Shut it down" and "Are you F'ing kidding me?!" are all that kept coming out of my mouth. I was so speechless at how absolutely gorgeous the island was! Seriously, who wouldn't want to live here? Waking up to the beach in front of you and then you turn around and you see the mountains. i was absolutely blown away...and everyone is sooo nice there!

I got to go around the island of Oahu (thanks to my co-worker who had a car rental because he was actually working doing site visits to the universities on the island). Got to go to the North Shore, ate at Giovanni's shrimp truck (yum!), stopped off at some points with breathtaking views, got to see some Lost filming sites (yes, i'm a LOST fanatic!), went snorkeling, shopped at the International Trade Market, had McDonald's Spam, Eggs, & Rice meal for breakfast, laid out and got burnt, AND got to hang out with some friends! Oddly, a few people i knew were there at the same time as me... Bert A. greeted me at the airport when i arrived - too bad he was about to get on his plane going back to VA...had dinner with Rio C. at yummy Todai...and got to go shopping with Linda and Ronnie and MacKenzie A. at the International Trade Market! i wanted to go swimming with the sharks - but time didn't permit since i didn't book that in advance! oh well - i'll save that for my next trip there....

I was seriously sad to leave the island - i was trying to figure out ways to "accidentally" miss my flight. i'm usually sooo thrilled to be going back home after a business trip, but this time it was different. i fell in love with the island! anyone down to just move there with me????!

To see pics of my trip, go to: http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=65704e3706d1954b6cbbd47cbb382743&sid=0AaOWjlk0aM2LjA. Warning: i have like 300 pics of scenery and plants (lol...sorry - but the plants were just too beautiful and colorful i had to take pictures)..and probably 5 with me in them. I stayed at the Hawaiian Village Resort & Spa and they had animals all over the property so i have pictures of those too! Below are just a few of my favorite. ALOHA!
Linda, me, and MacKenzie at the International Trade Market -
it was wayyy past Kenzie's bedtime!

For you LOST fans - the convention center where my conference was held,
is actually where they film the Sydney airport scenes!!! i was so excited!

On the lawn outside the hotel

Somewhere along the coast of Oahu

Seriously, who wouldn't love Hawaii?

View from the beach outside my hotel

Haunama Bay - where I went snorkeling

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The pics are beautiful, girl! I miss Hawaii too! I'm down to move over there - shoot! :p

Antonette said...

oh my my! Such a beautiful place. Did you get the spam, egg, and rice combo at McD's? Thx for the pix of the faux airport! How cool. When we went I couldn't find any LOST souvernier/junk. Did you have any luck? Anyway.. when is our next grub-out? We need to discuss the final episode of LOST.

KCB said...

LOOOOVE the shrimp truck. That's actually the first thing that comes to mind when I think of HI and my mouth starts watering. LOL The island is gorgeous but I'm all about the food! *yum*