#1: Brandi D.
As much as I hate to admit, Facebook is pretty amazing in the fact that you can find almost anybody on there. Bored one day, I did a search and looked up my childhood best friend, Brandi D. – and surprisingly I found her!
Brandi and her family were our next door neighbors when my family lived in Salem Village. We (meaning me, Brandi, my sister Ning, and cousin “LaLa” aka Sheila S.) were pretty much joined at the hip! Anyhow, long story short, my family moved to DC for a year and half, and I was soo bummed that I was leaving my best friend. When we moved back to the beach, we moved into the where my fam lives. We hung out once when we moved back but at that time, Brigadoon and Salem Village seemed like worlds apart (mind you, Lynnhaven Parkway was not connected at all from Princess Anne to Indian River Road!), and we were still young and couldn’t drive, so it was hard to see each other. Her family eventually moved and we lost touch after elementary school.
Anyhow, after doing a search and thinking I may have found her, I sent her one of those “is this brandi d. from blah blah blah…” emails. I wasn’t too sure if it was her – considering I hadn’t seen her since 4th grade…but it was! She lives in Kentucky now with her family – and now has a family of her own! It’s been over 20 years since we’ve talked to or seen each other – but it was so awesome that we were able to reconnect!
As much as I hate to admit, Facebook is pretty amazing in the fact that you can find almost anybody on there. Bored one day, I did a search and looked up my childhood best friend, Brandi D. – and surprisingly I found her!
Brandi and her family were our next door neighbors when my family lived in Salem Village. We (meaning me, Brandi, my sister Ning, and cousin “LaLa” aka Sheila S.) were pretty much joined at the hip! Anyhow, long story short, my family moved to DC for a year and half, and I was soo bummed that I was leaving my best friend. When we moved back to the beach, we moved into the where my fam lives. We hung out once when we moved back but at that time, Brigadoon and Salem Village seemed like worlds apart (mind you, Lynnhaven Parkway was not connected at all from Princess Anne to Indian River Road!), and we were still young and couldn’t drive, so it was hard to see each other. Her family eventually moved and we lost touch after elementary school.
Anyhow, after doing a search and thinking I may have found her, I sent her one of those “is this brandi d. from blah blah blah…” emails. I wasn’t too sure if it was her – considering I hadn’t seen her since 4th grade…but it was! She lives in Kentucky now with her family – and now has a family of her own! It’s been over 20 years since we’ve talked to or seen each other – but it was so awesome that we were able to reconnect!
ning, brandi and me during a sleepover
RSS Feed
Twitter

0 comments:
Post a Comment