Thursday, September 17, 2009

Done! So I decided to read "Wuthering Heights” and I’m not going to front … most of it had to do with it being referenced in the Twilight saga books…haha. I decided to move this up in my book queu before trying to finish reading the Harry Potter books cause I was able to find a free app for my iPhone that allowed me to read it on there – kinda like the Kindle - so i didn't have to buy the book! Surprisingly, I think I really liked reading the book that way– I wasn’t always panning to see how many pages I had left and I’d finish a chapter and be surprised I was finished reading it so soon! Anyhow, Wuthering Heights – great love story. I’m surprised I liked it. I was always unmotivated to read a book classic cause I kept thinking they would be hard reads with “thou art” kinda stuff – but it was such an easy read! Now I gotta re-read the Twilight books to see how they referenced Wuthering Heights so I can understand it better! :)

Note: Apparently i wasn't the only one who was interested in reading Wuthering Heights because of Twilight. I had read on a few websites online that the uptake in this book has become more popular because of Twilight, that they even redesigned book covers to relate more to the Twilight series - like this one below:

Photo from Amazon.com

2 comments:

KCB said...

Soooo funny that you posted about this. I've been intrigued to read Wuthering Heights as well because of the Twilight Series. :p Maybe I'll put it on my list of "to reads" for next month. And I'm so glad you said you liked it. I've been putting it off, too, because I'm more than a little intimidated that it's a classic and a love story. Maybe there's hope that I'll like it, too.

Roselyn said...

I want to re-read this. I had to read it sr. yr. for English, but I didn't read the whole thing, just bits and pieces. I'm going to pick this up...thanks for the review. :)